Display posts from a Blogger Blog on your page
- Establish an account with Google. Go to accounts.google.com and establish a new account for your organization if you don't already have one. If you do, use your organization's username and password to sign in.
- Go to http://www.blogger.com/home and establish your Blog. There are many options for style, formatting, etc. (you may use other services also, such as TypePad or WordPress, etc.)
- Once your blog is set up, and you have given authoring and editing permissions to those members of your organization who will be writing blog posts, go to the blog settings page and copy the blog address URL.
- Now, go to http://feedburner.google.com and paste your blog's address into the "Burn a feed right this instant" box. Click "next" and follow directions to set up the burned feed as you wish.
- Click on the "Publicize" tab, and use "BuzzBoost" to generate code that will allow you to republish the feed as html. You can adjust settings, specifying how many items to display, how much of the content of each item to include, whether to include publication date, item title, author, comments, etc.
- Once you've decided these things, grab the code presented, and paste it into your web page's code where you want the blog entries to appear. You may need to tweek the settings, and make adjustments until you are satisfied with the way it looks on your site. You can have the posts subject to your CSS formating if you wish.
- FOCOL members who have used these techniques to include a blog on their pages include Fox Cities Greenways, and the Rotary Club of Appleton.
Fox Cities Online Home