Membership Benefits and Obligations
The OBJECT of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintances as an opportunity for service.
- High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his/her occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to personal, business and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional people united in the ideal of service.
The BENEFITS of Rotary membership include:
- Making the acquaintance of leaders you ought to know.
- Genuine, wholesome, good fellowship.
- Developing true and helpful friends.
- Enlightenment as to others' work, problems and successes.
- Education in methods that increase efficiency.
- Business returns that come from enlarging your acquaintance base and inspiring confidence in yourself and your business.
The OBLIGATIONS of Rotary include:
- Regular attendance
- Prompt payment of dues
- To do my part when called upon
- To be big hearted, to be a broad-minded individual full of energy and action, a real citizen, an asset to the community--a Rotarian.