John Stoveken Flour mill burned in 1871. The Eagle Mill was built on the same spot and started in 1872 as a flour Mill and Paper Mill. The mill was making paper board from straw also called straw board. The Bank of Kaukauna founded by Henry Hewitt was located in the the Eagle Flour Mill Building that Henry Hewitt was leasing from John Stoveken in 1878. Henry Hewitt operated the Flour Mill and Bank in the front while John Stoveken operated the The Paper Mill in the rear. The saw mill owned by John Stoveken was being operated by John Jensen. A full story is located on this web site about the Eagle Mill Fire. The Bank of Kaukauna was sold to Peter and Alexander Reuter in 1881 and operated as the Reuter Brothers. The Reuter Brothers later operated the Hub and Spoke Company.